I'm Rachel! In 2007, I was a stay at home mom who had a knack for using my Konica Minolta camera to take photos of my two (now 3) young children. That hobby slowly bloomed into a small photography business and I took up my first ever client via Craigslist in the spring of 2008. Ten years later, my passion to help other photographers turn hobbies into businesses and businesses into successful careers has been the driving force in creating the industry’s top source of online education.
I live in the good old heart of the Indianapolis with my husband, Nick and our little trio of children, Brynn, Nicholas and Josie. I'm always cold, nearly always barefoot, passionate about newborn safety, oversized t-shirts and helping others. I hate cancer, working out and cucumbers (but pickles are cool).
1. What is the nerdiest thing you do in your free time?
I’ll read an entire book in a few hours!
2. What first real job did you have in the adult world?
I was a mulch hauler at a greenhouse
B. Wacom board
D. Monat dry shampoo
3. Of the 4 below, which 2 could you not live without?
4. On my days off I...
Sit on my back porch with a glass of wine with my friends + family!
Watching photographers really learn, grow and become successful and see them grow their business.
5. What’s the coolest thing about your job?
6. What are your biggest pet peeves?
People who chew with their mouth open
7. What is the funnest nickname you have been given?
The Lord of Newborn Photography
8. If you could pick a superpower, what would you choose?
Mind reading for sure
9. What’s an odd talent that you have?
I can blow air out of my eyeball
10. Biggest fear?
Finding a cucumber in my salad (vomit)